Quickly upgrade legacy 8-bit and 16-bit MCUs to 32-bit performace with Cypress’s ARM-based PSoC 4000 SoC family.
Three simple steps to get started : CY8CKIT-040
PSoC 4 programmable system-on-chip architecture
The PSoC 4000 family uses a 32-bit ARM® Cortex® -M0 MCU to quickly upgrade legacy 8-bit and 16-bit MCUs.
Complicated customer requirements are simple to meet using PSoC Creator™ Components and your application code.
The CapSense Component, a free embedded IC in PSoC Creator simplifies capacitive touch-sensing designs by allowing you to drag-an-drop CapSense on your schematic and develop with the included APIs.
- MCU and sicrete analog replacement
- User interface for capacitive buttons, proximity sensing, fan control, status monitoring
32-bit MCU subsystems:
- 16-MHz ARM® Cortex – M0 MCU
- Up to 16KB flash and 2KB SRAM
- Two IDACs (7 bit and 8 bit); digitally controlled current source
- One comparator (CMP)
CapSense with SmartSense Auto-tuning:
- One Cypress Capacitive Sigma-Delta™ (CSD) controller
- Capacitive sensing supported on up to 16 pins
- One configurable 16-bit timer, counter or pulse-width modular (TCPWM) block
- One 12C master or slave
- 8-pin SOIC, 16-pin SOIC, 16-pin QFN, 24-pin QFN